Enbrel Injection, Week Three
Okay, the fact that it didn't burn too much last week must have been a fluke, because I didn't do anything differently this week, and it really, really burned, just like the first week. The good news is that the horrible burning, stinging sensation lasts only as long as the injection, so it's not like it's unbearable or anything. The injection site is still very tender this morning, and I had quite a fever last night after the injection, but it seems to be gone now, so I'm not sure if it was related or not. The headache-nausea-dizziness seems to be less severe this week. I've got an appointment with my rheumatologist on Monday so he can see how I'm doing so far back on the Enbrel, so I'll mention all these of side effects to him and find out if there's any way to mitigate them.


5 Comments:
sheesh ...
hope you started feeling better during the weekend ...
i was reading some of your past posts ... leo has a thing about his eyes too ... that is the one part of him that has generally been good - but he got shingles on his face for this 50th birthday (ya, poor guy) and some of the virus went into his one eye ...thankfully we got the meds & goop for it before it managed to do permanent damage ... but what a nerve wracking time ...
be well!!!
Yikes! I'm glad it didn't do any permanent damage! I don't know what it is about eye injuries, eye surgery, etc., but it really freaks me out. I can handle having various bones and joints fused together with no problem, but mention "eye surgery" to me, and I freak out. LOL
Thank you, and I hope you and Leo had a good weekend! :)
Are you sure you are not having an allergic reaction to this stuff? It sounds so nasty.
Yeah, I double-checked with my doctor this morning. The reason it burns so much is because of the preservative they use in the pre-filled syringes. I do have the option to go back to the twice-weekly, mix-it-yourself dose, so I might do that when I run out of the prefilled syringes, but since I get it through mail-order, I have three months' worth to use up. Ugh.
That's interesting. I think I've found that I'm not allergic to fentynal, but I may be allergic to the adhesive they use for medicated patches. The ones they just prescribed me (I can't remember the med) also make me itch...
Post a Comment
<< Home