Monday, April 18, 2011

20 More Facts About Me

It's taking me forever to come up with 100 facts about myself, but here are the next twenty:

21. I type 85 words per minute.

22. I am an extremely picky eater. During my early vegetarian days I lived on little but baked potatoes and grilled cheese.

23. I am loudly and unapologetically pro-choice.

24. My only real goal in life is to use my privilege to help people and animals in need. Opportunities are all around us.

25. I do not own an iPod or any other music player more advanced than the CD player in my car.

26. I do not have a Facebook account, nor do I plan to get one.

27. My mom tells me I was speaking in complete sentences at 9 months but did not walk until I was 18 months old. This is because Steve, who was 18 months older than I was, would push me back down every time I tried to stand up. He didn't think I was supposed to be doing that.

28. I proofread and edit my emails, tweets, and texts, and it really bothers me when I don't catch a typo before sending.

29. One of the best things I ever did for myself was taking a 25% pay cut to leave a job that was making me miserable. Actually, I did that twice, in 1999 and in 2008, and both times it was absolutely the right decision.

30. I knew from an early age that I didn't want to have any children. Despite what everyone said (If I had a nickel for every time I heard, "Oh, you'll change your mind, just wait and see...), I never changed my mind.

31. I have never, ever cared for the taste of alcohol.

32. I am very much a creature of habit. I like my routines.

33. If I see someone crying, I will start crying in empathy even if I don't know who they are or why they're crying. This applies to people crying in movies or on television, as well, even though I know they're just acting. It also doesn't matter whether they're crying out of joy or out of sadness. I cannot see someone cry without bursting into tears myself. It's embarrassing.

34. I am 100% debt-free and own no credit cards. I don't buy something unless I have the cash to pay for it. I learned this the hard way and was very fortunate to be able to pay off all of the debt I accumulated in my younger, more irresponsible days.

35. I find most social situations stressful and exhausting. I'm always afraid I'll say the wrong thing. I'll spend hours after every social encounter (heck, even after getting my hair done or going to the doctor) trying to remember if I said anything wrong or embarrassed myself somehow.

36. I avoid confrontation if at all possible but if I'm pushed into it, watch out. When I've had enough, I've had ENOUGH.

37. I am possibly the least outdoorsy person who ever lived.

38. I am surprisingly good at mechanical things - fixing things, putting things together, etc. I like puzzles, I guess.

39. I cuss like a sailor, though I always try to be appropriate for setting and audience.

40. I was mugged when I was 17. For years after, I refused to go anywhere by myself, even in the daytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home