Cuteness Alert
Achilles got a Mr. Bill doll last year for his birthday. Poor Mr. Bill never really made it into the toy rotation, though. Achilles has his favorite toys and ignores the ones that don't catch his fancy for whatever reason. So Mr. Bill now lives on the bed and has become a favorite snuggle buddy for Barney and Kerrigan.


In other kitty news, Oliver was recently diagnosed with diabetes and has been taking insulin for the past week and a half. He gets two injections per day and he got used to them very quickly. He doesn't seem to mind them at all. He is a very good boy for his shots. He's already feeling more like his old self, but his glucose is still too high, so today we increased his insulin dose from two units to three units. He'll go back to the vet next week for another glucose check to see if we need to adjust his dose any further. We were lucky that we caught it fairly early, before the diabetes had caused any damage to his eyes or his legs.

And just for some added cuteness, here is a picture of Achilles after I brought home a new bed for him. As you can see, he really wasn't sure what to do with it. He pretty much just sat next to it and barked at it and then flopped down on the bare floor. For some reason, he has never wanted to use any of the beds I have bought him over the years. He also doesn't like to get on the furniture. He prefers to lie on the hard floor and ends up getting calluses on his elbows. Now that he's getting a bit older, I'm worried that he'll start to have joint pain from lying on the floor, and it makes me feel like a bad doggie parent. I have finally had some success getting him to lie on a fleecy blanket instead of the bare floor. The cats have taken over the unused dog bed.


Barney and Mr. Bill

Kerrigan and Mr. Bill
In other kitty news, Oliver was recently diagnosed with diabetes and has been taking insulin for the past week and a half. He gets two injections per day and he got used to them very quickly. He doesn't seem to mind them at all. He is a very good boy for his shots. He's already feeling more like his old self, but his glucose is still too high, so today we increased his insulin dose from two units to three units. He'll go back to the vet next week for another glucose check to see if we need to adjust his dose any further. We were lucky that we caught it fairly early, before the diabetes had caused any damage to his eyes or his legs.

Oliver
And just for some added cuteness, here is a picture of Achilles after I brought home a new bed for him. As you can see, he really wasn't sure what to do with it. He pretty much just sat next to it and barked at it and then flopped down on the bare floor. For some reason, he has never wanted to use any of the beds I have bought him over the years. He also doesn't like to get on the furniture. He prefers to lie on the hard floor and ends up getting calluses on his elbows. Now that he's getting a bit older, I'm worried that he'll start to have joint pain from lying on the floor, and it makes me feel like a bad doggie parent. I have finally had some success getting him to lie on a fleecy blanket instead of the bare floor. The cats have taken over the unused dog bed.

Achilles and his new bed - this was the only time he ever sat on it


4 Comments:
HI Cat,
Nice to see you've posting. I did like this snippet thou:
" The cats have taken over the unused dog bed."
As for getting Achilles to lay on something have you tired an old quilt? (A single sized one)
Hi, Pounce! A quilt is a good idea. I may have to give that a try. Right now he has a fleecy blanket on the bedroom floor that he seems to actually like. He lies on it at least some of the time. I'll see if I can get him to lie on a quilt when he's on the living room floor.
Currently doing the rounds in London. Its fun:
http://www.mydaddycooks.com/2010/09/09/easy-apple-and-raspberry-tray-cake/
Yum! That looks tasty and the little one is adorable.
Post a Comment
<< Home