Thursday, October 27, 2005

Attack of the Mutant Migraine

Seriously, this is the mother of all migraines. I spent five hours in the ER last night and the migraine is worse today. They gave me three shots of Dilaudid, and they may as well have been injecting me with saline for all the good it did. Not even a dent in the pain. My left eye is swollen and red and unbelievably tender, sore, and light-sensitive. It won't stop watering, either. Despite all of the Dilaudid, plus the Toradol the doctor prescribed for me, which I picked up at the pharmacy after leaving the ER, I was in so much pain that I could not sleep last night. I actually woke up whimpering several times. Whimpering! How pathetic is that?! They did a CAT scan at the ER, and it came back totally normal. They tried to convince me to get a lumbar puncture, but I refused. Fuck that, I say. Nobody is sticking a giant needle into my spine!

The worst part of all this is that I could not call in sick today, either. Fucking upcoming trial starts on Tuesday in this libel case we have been working on for two years, and there is no way I can be absent from work this week. Pretrial motions, last minute exhibits and shit to put together, etc., and my boss is basically helpless to do any of this for himself. The man doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, much less use one. Hell, he can't even type on an old-fashioned typewriter, for that matter. I dragged my ass into the office at around noon today. I can't wait to get out of here and go back to bed. This really fucking sucks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and good thoughts to you my sweet. I wish I could take away your pain. Some how, we will.

3:15 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Rick.

**hugs** to you too.

4:14 PM, October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home