I called in sick today.
I call in sick maybe once a year, and I have to be pretty much on my death bed to do so.
My boss drove me home after work yesterday, and I went to bed at about 7:30 and slept until 9:00 this morning. When I woke up, the migraine was not any better!
I didn't feel like taking a cab to work again and sitting at my desk all day peering out of one eye trying to get some work done, so I said "fuck it" and called in. I think all of the majorly important pretrial stuff is already done, anyway. If anything else comes up, it should be simple enough that maybe one of the secretaries or the other paralegal in the office can do it.
So, after I called in, I went back to bed and just woke up again a few minutes ago. I'm afraid to type this, lest I jinx it, but the migraine now seems to be a wee bit better. My eye is less red and less swollen and doesn't hurt quite as much as it did. I still can't really see out of it, but I think I'm on the road to recovery now, thank God.
My boss drove me home after work yesterday, and I went to bed at about 7:30 and slept until 9:00 this morning. When I woke up, the migraine was not any better!
I didn't feel like taking a cab to work again and sitting at my desk all day peering out of one eye trying to get some work done, so I said "fuck it" and called in. I think all of the majorly important pretrial stuff is already done, anyway. If anything else comes up, it should be simple enough that maybe one of the secretaries or the other paralegal in the office can do it.
So, after I called in, I went back to bed and just woke up again a few minutes ago. I'm afraid to type this, lest I jinx it, but the migraine now seems to be a wee bit better. My eye is less red and less swollen and doesn't hurt quite as much as it did. I still can't really see out of it, but I think I'm on the road to recovery now, thank God.


6 Comments:
I'm so sorry about your suffering. I have an array of drugs, but they probably wouldn't help anyway.
Stay in bed and day dream about better times... ;)
Thank you, my dear! LOL, yeah, if three shots of Dilaudid didn't touch it, I don't think anything else will, either. It's just gonna have to wear off, which it finally seems to be doing. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, I'll be back to what passes for normal. :)
Dilaudid sounds familiar to me. Do they use that in PCAs too? There was one of those 'morphine' type narcotics that they tried on me that didn't work at all. Maybe that was it.
Just keep your head under the blanket and you'll get through it.
***TEDDY BEAR HUGS***
Yep, Dilaudid is a morphine-like drug, or a morphine derivative, or some such thing. I think you mentioned that they gave it to you at one point. The first time they gave it to me for a migraine, it wiped out the migraine in half an hour. That time they gave it to me in an IV, though, and this time they just shot me in the ass with it. Maybe that made a difference.
**hugs** back to you! :)
I had Dilaudid my first surgery in my pump. It's really weird that it had absolutely no effect on me this time. Pain management has become a real problem for me lately.
My kitty Megan says 'Hi'. Have I sent you pictures of her?
In my migraine haze, I totally missed this comment. No, I don't think you have sent me pictures of your kitty!
Post a Comment
<< Home