Monday, November 07, 2005

He confiscated my contacts!

Ack!

He's been threatening to do this for years.

Sigh.

It seems that my eyes don't do well with contact lenses. They don't get enough oxygen, or something, so the blood vessels in my eyes have started growing underneath the surface of the contact lenses, to get more oxygen under there, which is apparently a very bad thing. He warned me about this several years ago and said that if the blood vessels continued to grow inward over the lens of my eye, they would eventually interfere with my vision. It seems that they are now close enough that he doesn't want me wearing contacts any more. Goddammit.

He told me that he has other patients with this same problem, but that mine is by far the worst he's seen.

Why? Why? Why me?

He wrote me a new glasses prescription, and the lady in the, um, optical? The place where you get your glasses? Whatever. Anyway, she helped me pick out some frames that actually do look pretty good on me, I think, and she promised me super-thin lenses, but they won't be ready for about three weeks, and in the meantime, I have to wear my old glasses. And when I say "old," I mean really old. These things are nine or ten years old. I think I got them in 1995. They are not very flattering, and the prescription is so outdated that I had a lot of trouble driving home in them and was afraid I was going to have a wreck. I hope I make it through the next three weeks without an accident! Yikes!

Plus, I have to go back tomorrow morning and then again in ten days for more tests and shit. Ugh.

I told you I hate going to the eye doctor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home