Monday, October 31, 2005

Back among the living

on Halloween, no less!

I made it to work today and I'm feeling much better. Still a trace of migraine (blurry vision, slightly swollen eye), but overall, I'm feeling fabulous. It felt good to get out of bed this morning and get dressed and actually leave the house.

Now that I'm basically functional again, I think I am going to take a brief hiatus from the Yahoo message boards (where I spend an inordinate amount of time). I have so much that I need to take care of right now, and posting there is just a total time-suck, not to mention emotionally draining for me for various reasons. I think a two- or three-week break is in order. I've got books to read, clutter to clear out of my house, doctors to see, holiday shopping to get started on, poetry to write, and all kinds of other stuff to do. Plus, I think the insomnia I've been suffering from lately has a lot to do with my evening message board activity. Hopefully, a short break will do me some good. We'll see how it goes.

I think I'll go home tonight and not even turn my computer on. I've just started a new book (The Tin Drum, by Günter Grass), which is hilarious and brilliant so far (I read the first four chapters yesterday). I think I'll spend the evening reading and doing laundry and then try to go to bed early for a change.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the need for a vacation, but you will be greatly missed...

*sniff* *sniff*

6:13 PM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Catherine said...

Oh, don't worry! I will still make time for the Nekkid Board. :-) It's the other board I post on that is sucking my will to live.

8:44 PM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Catherine said...

LOL, okay, so I did turn on my computer when I got home. Force of habit. Sigh. But I didn't post much, and I got my laundry done and read four more chapters in The Tin Drum, and it's not quite 11 p.m. and I'm about to go to bed, which is early for me. :)

10:52 PM, October 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, have left the main boards. I found it to be a waste of what's left of the energy I still have. So I wil just keep blah-gin naked. 8)

10:28 AM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could do some reading, but I can only get a few pages in before I fade.

I had to unclog the kitchen sink this morning. What a sucky job, but it's better than paying someone with a smaller ass crack than I to do it.

11:02 AM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

Glad you are feeling better!

11:50 AM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home