Friday, November 18, 2005

New glasses

My new glasses came in today. They are going to take some getting used to. My long-suffering old glasses have these big, round lenses, but the new ones have small, rectangular lenses, so that if I'm looking straight ahead, I can see just fine, but if I look up or down, I can't see shit. I think they'll be fine once I get used to them. They look much better on me than the old ones did! They have sort of a sophisticated, scholarly look to them. I guess I'll be wearing them most of the time now, so I hope I get used to the new lens shape soon. The real test will be driving in them. Yikes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Welcome to your new world of a soar neck. Imagine how hard it would be to see if you had to wear a neck brace...

You'll get used to them pretty quickly, but wearing contacts is much easier. I wish I could wear contacts, but I have huge problems getting them in.

2:53 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Catherine said...

I wore my new glasses all weekend, and thought I'd gotten pretty used to them, til I wore them to work today! Oy. Driving in them was no problem, except that without sunglasses, I was blinded by the unbelievably bright sun and my eyes watered all the way to work. Now that I'm at work, I'm getting a bit of a headache because I'm not used to these glasses yet. Dangit. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to them fairly quickly.

1:31 PM, November 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got frames that had clip on sun glasses. The wife went with a second pair for hers. I think she's better off because she had more control of the darkness of the lenses.

8:33 PM, November 21, 2005  
Blogger Catherine said...

Man, no kidding about the sore neck! I didn't think that would happen, but ow!

I inquired about clip-on shades at the optical, and they said that because of the particular frames and shape of my lenses, I'd have to have them custom made, which would be expensive and would entail sending my glasses in to be fitted. So today I bought the NERDIEST big-ass wrap-around over-the-glasses shades instead. LMAO! They look ridiculous, but I'll only wear them while I'm driving, and they'll keep the sun from blinding me.

8:13 PM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home