The Incredible Shrinking Cat
As my long-suffering readers are already aware, one of my New Year's resolutions for 2006 was to get in shape and lose some weight. My weight-loss goal was 20 lbs., and I achieved that several months ago. At that point, I stopped actively trying to lose weight, and started focusing on maintaining my exercise schedule and a healthy diet so as not to put any weight back on. I ended up dropping just a couple more pounds that way, and weighed 116 lbs. when I started my new job last month.
I figured that I might put on a couple of pounds after starting the new job, because I'm eating a bit more (since they force me to take a lunch break) and exercising a bit less (two to three times a week instead of three to four times a week). But in the month since I started the job, I've lost another seven pounds. I'm now down to 109 -- a total loss of 29 lbs. since the beginning of the year.
Now, far be it from me to complain about losing weight without trying to, especially when it's such a struggle for so many people to drop a few pounds, but isn't that a little bit odd? I'm eating more, exercising less, and I've lost seven pounds in the last month? What is up with that? I haven't weighed 109 lbs. since I was a sophomore in high school. Do I have a tapeworm? Because that would be nasty. Should I be worried? I get a full blood work-up done every two months because of the RA meds, and my doctor always tells me everything looks great. My blood pressure is perfect. So I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with me.
I did finally stop drinking those bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos several weeks ago, and started drinking Starbucks iced coffee in a can instead. That cut something like 200 calories a day out of my diet. Maybe that's it.
I guess I should just be happy and not obsess over it. I just think it's weird.
I figured that I might put on a couple of pounds after starting the new job, because I'm eating a bit more (since they force me to take a lunch break) and exercising a bit less (two to three times a week instead of three to four times a week). But in the month since I started the job, I've lost another seven pounds. I'm now down to 109 -- a total loss of 29 lbs. since the beginning of the year.
Now, far be it from me to complain about losing weight without trying to, especially when it's such a struggle for so many people to drop a few pounds, but isn't that a little bit odd? I'm eating more, exercising less, and I've lost seven pounds in the last month? What is up with that? I haven't weighed 109 lbs. since I was a sophomore in high school. Do I have a tapeworm? Because that would be nasty. Should I be worried? I get a full blood work-up done every two months because of the RA meds, and my doctor always tells me everything looks great. My blood pressure is perfect. So I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with me.
I did finally stop drinking those bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos several weeks ago, and started drinking Starbucks iced coffee in a can instead. That cut something like 200 calories a day out of my diet. Maybe that's it.
I guess I should just be happy and not obsess over it. I just think it's weird.


4 Comments:
well you know you gotta get that looked into ... though with a new job and added stress, it might be something as simple as that?
but take care of yourself, eh!!!
and i love the pic that you posted of you and baby zach! just great!
Thank you, Ma'am! Baby Zach is a cutie-pie. :)
Yeah, I'm hoping it's just stress and the elimination of frappuccinos from my diet, but if it keeps up, I'll have to get it checked out. Ugh.
could be WHAT you're eating, like if you eat vegetables and drinking more water instead of junk.
i also tend to lose weight after my period. (not much, coupla pounds of water weight)
upon reading your comments, could be the discontinuation of frappuccino consumption. those have a lot of calories.
Yeah, I think I discontinued the fraps at approximately the same time I started the new job, so that might be it. Also, I'm drinking more water now than I was before. I'm not on a particularly low fat or low cal diet, but just the change in my beverage consumption may have done it.
I guess I should be happy, but I do hope I don't lose much more! I don't want to start looking like Nicole Richie or Mary-Kate Olsen (Olson?) or Kate Bosworth. Eek.
Post a Comment
<< Home