Thursday, September 28, 2006

Corporate Hell

The new job is definitely getting better. I'm not nearly as freaked out and stressed out as I was the first couple of weeks. I still need another month or two before I'll feel totally comfortable there, but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

However.

One of the things I hated most about my job at Motorola years ago was the ridiculous number of pointless meetings I had to attend. And I had to attend a lot of them. Long, boring, stupid, mind-numbing meetings. I'd be sitting in some conference room, listening to some corporate douchebag drone on about nothing, and I'd be thinking about all of the actual work I could be doing if I weren't trapped in said conference room with a bunch of jagoffs. The longer the meeting would drag on, the more anxious I'd feel, and I'd start to contemplate the pros and cons of jamming my pen into my own eyeball.

One of the things I loved most when I started working in the legal field was the absolute lack of meetings. It was bliss. Bliss, I tell you.

Well.

Tomorrow, I have to attend some stupid all-day meeting with the firm's entire appellate section at some fancy hotel. I don't know how often they do these things (hopefully not very), but apparently it is a long and boring day full of discussions about marketing strategies, advertising, goals for the section, etc. I have no idea why my attendance is necessary, but I have been commanded to attend. I also don't have any idea why this shit needs to take up an ENTIRE DAY. People who organize day-long meetings should be flogged in the street.

God, I hate meetings.

But at least they're not making me fly to Miami. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home