Monday, September 11, 2006

Firm B is the winner!

Or, more to the point, I am the winner -- I got a new job!

I had my second interview with Firm B this morning, and less than three hours later, they called me with an offer, which I accepted. I start tomorrow!

I will be supporting three attorneys -- one partner who does strictly appellate work, one partner who does commercial litigation, and one associate who does whatever they tell her to do (LOL). The work sounds very interesting, and the people all seem really nice, with good senses of humor. Their offer was only 1K per year less than Firm A's offer, and I don't have to go to Miami or anywhere else!

It will probably take me awhile to get used to getting up early and going to work every day once again, but I'm really excited about it. Woohooooooooooooooo!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohooooooooooooooo!!!! Congratulations, Cat!

I knew the right job would come along... it sounds perfect for you!

Best of luck to you... not that you need it, I know they'll love you.

Malt Likkas on me!

*clink!*

:)

5:39 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, tokin! I'm very excited! It feels kind of weird to be celebrating today of all days, though. Life can be so bittersweet.

**clink!**

5:43 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it seems a bit incongruous. It's a solemn day for America, but a day for personal celebration as well. Just another one of life's little paradoxes.

As Atta might quote from the Hebrew (and paraphrased by Keats)...

"Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit."

:)

6:36 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

That Atta is quite the master of the Hebrew.

LMAO

7:30 PM, September 11, 2006  
Blogger Saija said...

Congratulations!!!! YAY for you! :o)

and don't feel bad for celebrating ... life goes on for the living ... as we remember those that have gone on before us ...

big big hugs and a celebration dance!

7:06 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Baconeater said...

You made the wise move. But you are still being irrational when it comes to flying to Miami.

2:33 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thank you, Saija! :) I had a long first day (orientation, software training, tons of forms to fill out, etc.), but it felt so good to have a job to go to this morning!

LOL, Wino, I know it's an irrational phobia. I'm just glad I got another offer so I didn't have to do it!!

Of course, now that I'm working again, and at a huge firm where I can't get away with personal internet use during the work day, my blogging and Yahoo posting time is going to be curtailed quite a bit. I think I can live with that, though. :)

6:44 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Carl Nelson said...

Congrats. I think you wound up with the right choice between the two firms. And if I understand correctly, you received an offer from both of them. That is fantastic. Generally it takes much longer than it took you to receive even one offer when seeking a professional position. Six months is not unusual.

6:12 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Carl! I did, indeed, get to choose between two offers which were made within two business days of each other. I got nothing for two and a half months, and then two offers just like that. Whew!

Day two was pretty good. More software training in the morning, and then this afternoon, I got to settle in at my desk a bit. It's always scary starting a new job, but I think I'll catch on pretty quick.

9:33 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Saija said...

i like starting something new ... or moving ... in the fall ... sounds like you are starting to fit into the work world again ... i have that start/stop with my seasonal job ... so i know how the routine needs to kick in again ... but it's like riding a bike, eh - you never forget!

big hugs to you ... the weekends coming!

8:18 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger Exploradorajac said...

I just caught up with your postings and I'm sooooo HAPPY for you, Catherine! Congratulations on this great new opportunity! You are definitely a WINNER! I've had a lousy week, I'm tired, I'm in pain, and blah, blah, blah BUT NOW...I feel like celebrating! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news and Congratulations!!!!

Love and Peace,
Jacquelin

6:43 PM, September 15, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Saija, starting a new job at this time of year after a couple of months off reminds me of going back to school as a kid after summer vacation. Let's hope you and Leo will be moving this fall! :)

Jacquelin! It's great to "see" you! I am sorry to hear you had a lousy week and are in pain, though. :( I hope your weekend and next week are much better for you! We MUST get together some weekend in the near future! **hugs**

11:34 PM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home