Saturday, September 02, 2006

Some kinda bug

I seem to have picked up some sort of flu bug or something. I'm not sure where I might have picked it up, since I haven't been leaving the house much lately. Maybe at the movies or the grocery store or PetCo last weekend, or maybe at my interview on Tuesday.

Anyway, when I finished stretching after my bike ride on Thursday, I felt very light-headed and just assumed I'd overdone it on the bike. However, by the time evening rolled around, I realized that my throat was very sore. Sure enough, I woke up yesterday with a fever and have not felt quite right since. It's not too bad of a bug, apparently, which is good -- I just feel kind of icky and woozy and tired. I don't have much of an appetite, but oddly enough, I'm craving Taco Bell. You'd think I'd be craving soup or something, but no. I want a bean burrito and some nachos. Weird. I never crave Taco Bell when I'm healthy, but I may have to make a run for the border this evening. Too bad they don't deliver.

The guy from the staffing agency called me yesterday afternoon just to let me know that the firm hasn't made a decision yet, but I'm still in the running, and he's hoping to have their decision on Tuesday. I also sent off another resume yesterday for a position that sounds perfect -- legal assistant in my area of expertise, with a salary range that would be five to ten grand higher than I was making at my previous job. Hopefully I'll at least get an interview for that one.

I'm so bored. I've been trying to read, but the aforementioned wooziness and icky-feeling is making it difficult to concentrate on Balzac at the moment. There's not much shaking on the Yahoo board I post on. I'm burned out on the Food Network. Bike riding is out til I get over this bug. Maybe I'll go take a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

awww so sorry to hear you are under the weather, Catherine ... i'd give you a big hug - but you might be catchy (a little blog humour there!)

hope that THIS morning finds you a wee bit better ... or maybe even a whole lot better!!!

i've got today and tomorrow (monday) to work ... and then i am done for the season ... i'm ready to just do stuff at home for awhile ...

so if i'm finished work - maybe you'll be starting work soon! it's good to hear you are still in the running re the small office / big company job ...

we watch a lot of HGTV ... that is one of my fav channels ... though, last night leo watched a chick flick with me (In Her Shoes) ... it was good ...

you rest up ... drink plenty of fluids ... and ok - i will give you a *hug* to get better ... :o)

7:07 AM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thank you, Ma'am! :) I am feeling a bit better today -- not well enough to ride my bike, as I'd hoped, but well enough to attend a family get-together this afternoon. I think by tomorrow I'll be back to normal.

Enjoy your last weekend in the salt mines!

I've never watched HGTV, but I've seen ads on the Food Network for some of their shows. I may have to check it out one of these days. Maybe I'll get some good ideas for home projects. :)

1:04 PM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home