Friday, September 01, 2006

Books, Books, Books

Wino couldn't tag me for this Meme, since I try to keep my blog private, but since he pointed it out to me, I'm going to answer it, anyway.

A book that changed my life?:
A Question of Choice by Sarah Weddington.

A book I’ve read more than once:
I've read many books more than once, but two that I can think of off the top of my head are The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins and One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island:
That's a tough one. It would have to be something fairly long, captivating, and complex enough that repeated readings of it would always reveal something new. I guess I'd have to go with One Hundred Years of Solitude.

A book that made me laugh:
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole -- without a doubt, the funniest thing I have ever read.

A book that made me cry:
My Sergei: A Love Story by Ekaterina Gordeeva. I kid you not -- I cried so hard that I actually burst a blood vessel in one of my eyes.

A book that I wish had been written:
How I Became Fabulously Wealthy by yours truly.

A book I wish had never been written:
I'm gonna go with Wino here and say the Qu'ran.

I'm currently reading:
I just started Lost Illusions by Honore de Balzac.

A book I've been meaning to read:
I'm currently working my way through a huge stack of books that I've been meaning to read, but a couple I haven't yet purchased are The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence and The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

What turned me onto fiction?
I've been reading fiction since I was a child. I guess I'd have to say that my family, particularly my brother Steve, turned me on to reading in general, and Steve in particular turned me on to fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home