Another interview
I got a call today from another law firm I've applied at, and now have an interview scheduled with them on Monday afternoon. Woohoo! Things are starting to look up! At least people are finally calling me for interviews.
I think I've learned one lesson here: monster.com sucks. I've gotten nothing out of posting my resume there except for annoying calls from temp agencies, a solicitation call from the Republican National Committee (LMAO), some email spam, and a call from some douchebag posing as a recruiter, who wanted me to give him my social security number OVER THE PHONE. There are no good job listings on their site, at least not in my field. I deleted my account with them a few minutes ago.
I'm having much better luck with the online classifieds at my local newspaper's website. Apparently, no one advertises in the actual newspaper any more, because I've checked there, too, with no luck.
Anyhoo, I'm supposed to hear something by the end of this week from the attorney I interviewed with last week, although I don't hold out much hope for that one. Monday's interview may be promising, though.
In other news, I think I've lost enough weight now. I lost one of my favorite rings today -- I'd noticed it was getting increasingly loose on my finger, and it apparently just slipped off at some point between when I went to bed last night and when I got out of the shower after my bike ride today. Dammit. I really liked that ring. It may turn up in the house somewhere, but there's also a chance it went down the drain in the shower, or that it's been eaten by one of my pets.
I think I've learned one lesson here: monster.com sucks. I've gotten nothing out of posting my resume there except for annoying calls from temp agencies, a solicitation call from the Republican National Committee (LMAO), some email spam, and a call from some douchebag posing as a recruiter, who wanted me to give him my social security number OVER THE PHONE. There are no good job listings on their site, at least not in my field. I deleted my account with them a few minutes ago.
I'm having much better luck with the online classifieds at my local newspaper's website. Apparently, no one advertises in the actual newspaper any more, because I've checked there, too, with no luck.
Anyhoo, I'm supposed to hear something by the end of this week from the attorney I interviewed with last week, although I don't hold out much hope for that one. Monday's interview may be promising, though.
In other news, I think I've lost enough weight now. I lost one of my favorite rings today -- I'd noticed it was getting increasingly loose on my finger, and it apparently just slipped off at some point between when I went to bed last night and when I got out of the shower after my bike ride today. Dammit. I really liked that ring. It may turn up in the house somewhere, but there's also a chance it went down the drain in the shower, or that it's been eaten by one of my pets.


2 Comments:
We've had better luck with Careerbuilder.com.
Thanks for the tip! I will check it out. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home