Republicans are not smart.
Okay, apologies to any Republicans who read my blog, BUT I offer you Exhibit A:
I have no idea how this guy got my name and cell phone number, but I suspect he pulled it off of monster.com, since I posted my resume there over the weekend. I cannot think of any other way he could have gotten my cell phone number, and it seems a bit fishy that I got this call on the first business day after posting my resume online.
In any event, my phone rang this afternoon and I jumped to answer it, hoping it would be someone calling about a job interview. Instead, it was some douchebag from the Republican National Committee, and he proceeded to thank me for all of my support (WHAT?!) before launching into a diatribe against the Democrats and asking me "wouldn't it be horrible?..." if the Democrats were to gain seats in this year's elections. I calmly said, "Actually, I vote Democratic." He said, "Oh, really? That's great. What's great about America is that you can vote for who you want and I can vote for who I want. Anyway, a lot of people are helping us out with contributions of $250.00, or would you prefer to donate $150.00?"
Um.
Did this guy not hear what I said? I JUST TOLD HIM I vote Democratic! Besides which, if he did indeed get my name and number from monster.com, then HE KNOWS I'M UNEMPLOYED! What would possess him to think I would give him a dime, much less $250.00?
Anyhow, I simply said, "No thank you; I'm not interested," and hung up.
Seriously, I have never given an iota of support to the Republican party. I'm not registered with any political party, but when I go to the polls, I vote for Democrats and Libertarians, thank you very much. If the Republican National Committee thinks that it is doing itself any favors by calling up random unemployed people, without even knowing their political affiliation, thanking them for all of their "support," and asking them for money, then the Republican National Committee is smoking crack.
I have no idea how this guy got my name and cell phone number, but I suspect he pulled it off of monster.com, since I posted my resume there over the weekend. I cannot think of any other way he could have gotten my cell phone number, and it seems a bit fishy that I got this call on the first business day after posting my resume online.
In any event, my phone rang this afternoon and I jumped to answer it, hoping it would be someone calling about a job interview. Instead, it was some douchebag from the Republican National Committee, and he proceeded to thank me for all of my support (WHAT?!) before launching into a diatribe against the Democrats and asking me "wouldn't it be horrible?..." if the Democrats were to gain seats in this year's elections. I calmly said, "Actually, I vote Democratic." He said, "Oh, really? That's great. What's great about America is that you can vote for who you want and I can vote for who I want. Anyway, a lot of people are helping us out with contributions of $250.00, or would you prefer to donate $150.00?"
Um.
Did this guy not hear what I said? I JUST TOLD HIM I vote Democratic! Besides which, if he did indeed get my name and number from monster.com, then HE KNOWS I'M UNEMPLOYED! What would possess him to think I would give him a dime, much less $250.00?
Anyhow, I simply said, "No thank you; I'm not interested," and hung up.
Seriously, I have never given an iota of support to the Republican party. I'm not registered with any political party, but when I go to the polls, I vote for Democrats and Libertarians, thank you very much. If the Republican National Committee thinks that it is doing itself any favors by calling up random unemployed people, without even knowing their political affiliation, thanking them for all of their "support," and asking them for money, then the Republican National Committee is smoking crack.


1 Comments:
"then the Republican National Committee is smoking crack."
Yep, and Dubya is selling it to them to pay for the war in Iraq...
Actually I wonder if the DNC is smoking crack too. Both sides are pretty worthless.
Post a Comment
<< Home