Book recommendation
I've been doing a lot of reading lately, having little else to do. I have several stacks of books which I've accumulated over the past few years on recommendations from friends, as gifts, or as impulse buys at Barnes & Noble, and now I finally have time to read them at a pace of two or three per week, rather than just one or two per month.
I recently finished Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter, by Mario Vargas Llosa. It is an absolutely brilliant and delightful novel. I highly recommend it.
I recently finished Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter, by Mario Vargas Llosa. It is an absolutely brilliant and delightful novel. I highly recommend it.


4 Comments:
books are like old friends ...
half of mine (well more than half!!) are in boxes, waiting for the next move ... plus i donated about 50 or so to the library when i was packing ...
i love love love to read ... to be surrounded by books ...
it's your season for the written word! i hope you find many hours of enjoyment! *hugs*
"books are like old friends ..."
Amen to that! :) I learned to read at the age of four and have been a voracious reader ever since. It's nice to finally have the opportunity to get caught up on all these books I've been meaning to read or re-read.
I'm currently reading "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It was one of my brother's favorite books -- he read it in grad school and absolutely loved it.
now that my work is winding down, i hope to find some good novels to get lost in ... i read a lot of study books - but there is nothing like a well written novel to take me on a mini-vacation!
speaking of vacations - i think i may be going to toronto in september - with my aunt - and i hope to see niagara falls ... i've never seen it! i'll leave leo and our faithful feline to batch it for a few days ... :o)
There is nothing like a well-written novel. :)
You know, I don't think I've ever seen Niagara Falls, either. We did a ton of traveling when I was a kid, but I think that was one thing we missed. I hope you get to go and that you have a wonderful time! Of course, you'll have to post pics on your blog. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home