Has anybody seen my mojo?
I seem to have lost it somewhere along the way. Apparently, I now suck at job interviews. I never had this problem in the past. I mean, not only would I leave every interview feeling as though I'd aced it, but I would always end up with a job offer within a day or two of the interview. Now, I leave every interview feeling like a dolt and kicking myself for not being more confident and articulate. What the hell happened to my awesome interviewing skills?
Well, anyway, I had another interview this afternoon. I think I did marginally better this time than I did on the last two, but I was still way too nervous and timid. Ugh.
This interview was set up for me by the staffing agency I registered with last month, so I may have a better shot at the job because of that. I got the idea that the attorney is interviewing just two or three people for the job. It sounds like it would be a really great spot for me, too. It's the Austin branch of a firm that has offices in several other cities, but in the Austin branch, there is just the one attorney and I'd be the only staff. I'd get the benefits of working for a large firm, but with the small office atmosphere that I love. The attorney seemed really cool, and the work sounds very interesting. My representative at the staffing agency says the firm wants to fill this spot ASAP, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Well, anyway, I had another interview this afternoon. I think I did marginally better this time than I did on the last two, but I was still way too nervous and timid. Ugh.
This interview was set up for me by the staffing agency I registered with last month, so I may have a better shot at the job because of that. I got the idea that the attorney is interviewing just two or three people for the job. It sounds like it would be a really great spot for me, too. It's the Austin branch of a firm that has offices in several other cities, but in the Austin branch, there is just the one attorney and I'd be the only staff. I'd get the benefits of working for a large firm, but with the small office atmosphere that I love. The attorney seemed really cool, and the work sounds very interesting. My representative at the staffing agency says the firm wants to fill this spot ASAP, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.


4 Comments:
we'll continue praying!!!!
i read your post to leo as well (and we looked at the little pics below that touched our hearts!!!) ... he asked me if i had mentioned, how much we love austin ... oops, i hadn't! we thought it was just the loveliest of cities ...
and your new pic on the blogger profile was really sweet - i liked it ... :o)
Thanks, Saija! :)
Austin is a really great place to live. My only real complaint is the stifling summer heat, but thank goodness, that's almost over for the year.
Those chihuahua/kitten pics made my week! Sweetest thing I've seen in ages. :)
Just keep you chin up lady. Maybe the job gods think you just need a vacation.
Things will come your way soon.
Austin is wonderful. I spent 3 years living San Marcos (home of Ralph the swimming pig) which is just south of Austin. Weekend nights were spent on 6th street partying, and the days were spent in the gutters.
8)
Thanks, Bear! :)
I just try to keep telling myself that if I'm not doing well at interviews and I'm not getting job offers, it's because the right job has not come along yet. I sure hope it comes along soon, though!
I love Ralph the swimming pig! Pigs are fabulous animals -- very intelligent and very loyal.
Post a Comment
<< Home