Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm back!

My appointment this morning went far better than I'd imagined. The HR assistant had told me on the phone yesterday that it would just entail a few tests, and I'd be called back for an interview if I did well enough. Well, I kicked ass on all three tests. I had no idea what to expect because I've never had to do any of this pre-interview testing before. I headed to the appointment this morning figuring it was going to be a complete waste of time because I didn't think I'd do very well. I didn't even know my typing speed, as I've never had it tested before.

Apparently, I type 74 wpm with 98% accuracy. Woohoo! I scored a 92 on the proofreading test, and was kicking myself because I should have scored 100. On the legal terminology test, I missed three out of 75 questions. The HR lady was so impressed that she ushered me into a conference room immediately for an interview, and...

I did really well in the interview!! For the first time since I started job-hunting, I did not leave the interview feeling like a loser and kicking myself for doing poorly. I met with a paralegal and one of the three attorneys I'd be working for, and they loved me! They raved about my test scores ("stratospheric," according to the attorney) and my resume. The attorney really seemed to want to hire me on the spot, but I will have to meet with one of the other attorneys, who was out of the office today, before they make a decision. I think I'm going to get this one, though! The paralegal told me as I was leaving that they will call me early next week.

While I was in the interview, I got a voicemail from another firm, which I sent my resume to just yesterday, asking me to come in for an interview next Thursday. So, things are looking up all the way around.

In other news, my shoulder feels better than it did yesterday. It's still pretty sore and I have to be careful how I move my arm, but it seems to be improving.

All in all, a very good day so far. The only bad news is that I'm in the beginning phase of what is looking to be a very nasty migraine -- the first one I've had in nearly a year (which is good news in itself, since for the previous couple of years I was getting them every few months or so). I can deal with that, though. I've got no plans for the weekend, so I'll just sleep it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home