I've got a feeling...
Do you ever get a really uneasy feeling for no apparent reason? I've got one tonight. I felt this way last Monday night, but I knew why -- I was nervous about the interview I had scheduled for the following day. I felt kind of on edge, I felt like my heart was beating faster than usual, I had trouble sleeping, I was jumpy, etc. But I knew why, so it didn't bother me much.
It really bothers me when I get this sort of feeling but there is no apparent reason for it. Today was uneventful -- I rode my bike, I ran some errands, I made risotto for dinner, I watched some t.v. Then, around 8:45 or so, I started feeling jumpy and nervous and just generally uneasy.
The last time I can remember feeling this way for no reason was a Friday night -- February 11, 2000, to be exact. I was tired. I'd worked all week, and gone out for happy hour that evening after work -- a farewell gathering for one of the attorneys who was leaving for another firm. I got home around ten p.m. and spent the next six hours finding little things to do to keep me from going to bed, even though I was exhausted. I kept going upstairs to get ready for bed, but for some reason, I couldn't make myself do it. I went upstairs, stood in the bedroom for a few moments, and then wandered back downstairs, repeatedly. Finally, at around four a.m., I brushed my teeth and put on some pajamas, and was about to get in bed when the phone rang. It was my mother, calling to let me know that my brother was in the emergency room. He died about eight hours later.
So, needless to say, random uneasiness really bothers me. I'm fighting the urge to call everyone I know and ask if they're okay.
It really bothers me when I get this sort of feeling but there is no apparent reason for it. Today was uneventful -- I rode my bike, I ran some errands, I made risotto for dinner, I watched some t.v. Then, around 8:45 or so, I started feeling jumpy and nervous and just generally uneasy.
The last time I can remember feeling this way for no reason was a Friday night -- February 11, 2000, to be exact. I was tired. I'd worked all week, and gone out for happy hour that evening after work -- a farewell gathering for one of the attorneys who was leaving for another firm. I got home around ten p.m. and spent the next six hours finding little things to do to keep me from going to bed, even though I was exhausted. I kept going upstairs to get ready for bed, but for some reason, I couldn't make myself do it. I went upstairs, stood in the bedroom for a few moments, and then wandered back downstairs, repeatedly. Finally, at around four a.m., I brushed my teeth and put on some pajamas, and was about to get in bed when the phone rang. It was my mother, calling to let me know that my brother was in the emergency room. He died about eight hours later.
So, needless to say, random uneasiness really bothers me. I'm fighting the urge to call everyone I know and ask if they're okay.


3 Comments:
Okay, nothing bad happened last night. Whew!
Incidentally, I sometimes get *good* premonitions, too. For example, years ago when I was in college and working at a fast-food place, I was getting really miserable because I hated my job. Every day at work, I'd be in a foul mood. Then one day, out of the blue, I went to work in a really good mood and almost felt giddy all day, and the next day, too. The day after that, I was called for an interview at Motorola, and was offered the job. When I gave my notice at the fast-food place, my boss said, "So that's why you were in such a good mood the other day!" and I was like, "No, believe it or not, I didn't know yet."
i get those uneasy feelings sometimes too ... usually at 3 a.m. in the morning ... then i start to pray for everyone i know! in case something was not right somewhere ...
hope you get a good rest tonight (though i know it was a night ago already) ... i'm going to visit my mom tomorrow - 2 hrs in one direction ... so it'll be a long day for me ...
*hugs*
Aren't they the worst? It seems this one was a false alarm, so I'm relieved.
That's a long drive! I hope it's as pretty a drive as your commute to the salt mines. :) Be safe and have a good trip!
**hugs**
Post a Comment
<< Home