Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cat rides again

I finally got back on the bike today after a four-day break due to illness. Ordinarily, I ride for 35-45 minutes and go a minimum of ten miles, usually twelve or more. Today, by the time I hit six miles, I didn't think I could go any further. I was exhausted and feeling kind of nauseous. However, I realized that if I slowed down from my usual 17-18 mph speed to about 13 or 14 mph, I could keep going. Whew! I went for 35 minutes and only did about nine miles, but I guess that's not bad after several days of inactivity.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

don't over due!

though that is really really good mileage you made!

i did 2 spins around the dirt roads today ... it takes about 10 minutes to do this particular loop ... tomorrow i plan on a trip to town with my knapsack on my back (sounds like a song!) ...

:o)

9:02 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Woohoooo! The weather is not mild enough here, nor are the roads bike-friendly enough, for me to ride a real bike, so my stationary bike has to do. It must be much more entertaining to ride the real thing and commune with nature.

A friend of mine in Los Angeles swears by his bike (he has the real thing *and* a stationary). He's a serious bicyclist, though -- goes on 70+ mile charity rides and such. I think I'd have a tough time making it past 20 miles!

Have a great trip to town tomorrow! :)

11:02 PM, September 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Back in the saddle! Nine milse is still not too shabby. You'll be back in tip-top shape in no time!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

I went back to the gym today for first time since last Thursday. I was starting to feel tense... I needed it.

*clink!* :)

11:35 PM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

I try to ride every other day. Occasionally, I'll go two days without riding if I can't fit it into my schedule or I'm not feeling up to it. Four days was a pretty long break, though! I haven't missed four days in a row since the week Achilles had his surgery. Tomorrow, I should be back up to 11 or 12 miles. :)

**clink!**

11:54 AM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home