Saturday, September 23, 2006

Weekends mean something again!

After two and a half months of unemployment, where any given day was pretty much the same as every other day, I am learning to appreciate the weekends again!

As I said last week, I woke up last Saturday in sort of a panic, stressing about the new job. Today -- not so much. All three of my attorneys made it very clear to me this past week that they think I'm doing great, and they're happy to have me working for them. I'm settling in and starting to feel comfortable. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :)

I'm also feeling totally exhausted, even though I got to sleep late today. Last night after work, I had an appointment at the hair salon, and I almost fell asleep while D. was shampooing my hair. By the time I got home, I was so tired I could barely sit upright on the sofa. I kept sort of slowly leaning over til I was practically lying down. I think after another couple of weeks I'll adjust to being back on a work schedule, though. It's kind of like starting school in the fall after a three-month summer vacation. Your body just needs time to adjust to the schedule change.

So, despite a couple of weeks of anxiety and whining, it's all good, and I'm feeling very fortunate to be gainfully employed again. I'll feel even more fortunate on Friday when I get my first paycheck. Woohooooo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carl Nelson said...

In my experience it takes a full year to really get settled into a new job to where you really feel like you know what you are doing. And it's completely normal to feel a bit stressed at first. If your bosses are saying they're happy with you at this point (and they'd be dumb if they weren't) you probably have it made.

4:40 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Carl! Week three was definitely better than the first two weeks, and they're still telling me how great I am, so I'm definitely feeling better about the whole thing. You're right about the timeframe, I think -- I've been telling myself that I'll give it a year before I decide anything, and chances are that after a year, I won't want to leave.

8:34 AM, September 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home