Saturday, September 30, 2006

I survived.

Okay, okay. The day-long meeting wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared, and I found out it happens only once per year (at least, that particular meeting happens only once per year -- there may be others I don't know about yet). It really wasn't a bad day. There were two partners, two associates, me, and a girl from the marketing department in attendance, and while it wasn't particularly exciting, it also wasn't nearly as annoying as those Motorola meetings I used to be forced to attend.

It is going to make for a hectic and stressful Monday, though, since I didn't get any actual work done yesterday.

Oh well, at least I have the weekend to relax. Oh, and I got my first paycheck yesterday, which helps to make it all worthwhile.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooo Hoooooooooo!!! First paycheck! Now it's OFFICIAL! :)

I'm glad you survived you meetings. All day meetings sound like a "day of rage" to me.

Hope your shoulder is feeling better today and the cortizone is kicking in. Have a great weekend Cat & Achilles!

Aroooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

:)

4:17 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Saija said...

Yay for pay cheques!! so we going out for cheesecake? :o)

i hate meetings too! but having to take the minutes of the meeting is the worse kind of torture for me ... i get bored easily and don't pay attention ... bad saija!

hope you've had a good good weekend so far!

9:20 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

tokin, the shoulder *is* feeling better, thank you! All-day Motorola meetings (or, heck, even hour-long Motorola meetings) really did make for a Day of Rage for me, but fortunately, this one wasn't nearly as annoying.

Saija, let's go get some cheesecake! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! LOL, actually, I excel at taking meeting minutes and used to always get stuck with that task at Motorola. I actually didn't mind that part too much, because I was good at it and any time someone else took the minutes, I'd be annoyed that they didn't capture everything. I guess I'm a control freak in that respect. :)

12:15 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Saija said...

i would drive you crazy re minute taking! i could see you nudging me as i fall asleep with pen in hand ... :o)

the brand new condo we looked at -is a NO go for us ... we loved it, but it was all supplied with well water and that made us nervous ... the what if's just didn't give us any rest ... so we continue the search here in our area ...

8:32 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear your condo is a no-go. I guess that just means your perfect home isn't quite ready yet -- I hope it will be very SOON!

8:53 PM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear ya. we're pimpin' ourselves out to the man. word. :)

6:21 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm tellin' ya, Buzz -- it's a dirty shame. :)

6:35 AM, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home