Saturday, November 04, 2006

Random Update

I think that every once in awhile, I just need to shut down and do nothing for a spell. It's sort of like recharging a cell phone battery, I guess. I haven't been doing much of anything lately -- not much reading, not much writing, not much socializing, not much work around the house. I've just been craving solitude and inactivity.

So, although it's been a few weeks since I updated this blog, I really don't have much to report.

Cooler weather has finally arrived in Austin, and I'm really enjoying it! I love autumn. It always feels so cozy and peaceful. The world looks different in every season, and I especially love the way it looks in the fall.

I'm still not loving the new job, but it could be worse, and I'm still thankful to be employed. I'm keeping an eye on the classifieds, and if I see something that looks more appealing than what I'm doing now, I'll look into it. I'm not putting much effort into searching for something else -- just sort of keeping an eye open.

I'm still riding my bike two to three times per week, and my weight seems to be holding steady at around 111 lbs., so that's good. I guess the big drop in the month after I started the new job was probably just stress-related.

And, finally, I'm looking forward to the holiday season. I really need to get started on my shopping -- I'm usually well into it by the time November rolls around, but have not yet begun to holiday-shop so far this year. Hopefully, my recharging period is coming to an end and I can get started on that next weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

so glad you wrote an up-date ... it sounds like things are going along in a normal,quiet sort of way ... not all, bad - eh?

and i'm glad you quit losing weight!

i hope you have a good work week - maybe the job will start to get more interesting? maybe?

(hugs)

10:42 PM, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yes, exactly -- normal and quiet, which is not bad at all. :)

I think I'm going to be very busy at work this week, at least. It may not be particularly interesting, but at least I won't be sitting around with nothing to do, so that's good.

Hope you and Leo have a wonderful week!

**hugs**

6:19 AM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :) *hugs*

Rest is a very good thing! The Utne reader did a great edition on this topic. I should send it to you.

And I *love* solitude. Sometimes I need a day where I don't talk to anyone but the dogs.

So I hope you enjoyed your little recharge time. Take you time coming back :) You deserve it!
Rummms

3:05 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi, Rummmmms! :) You're right -- rest is a very good thing! I had a busy weekend and had to get up early both days, and I really missed being able to sleep late on at least one of my days off. I think I'll have to go to bed early all week to make up for it.

Solitude rules. I really think that I could be quite content as a hermit, or living alone on a deserted island (as long as that deserted island had an internet connection and FedEx delivery, LOL).

**hugs**

6:46 PM, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home