Stolen from Wino, aka Bacon
...the blogger with the velvety singing voice. LMAO
1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
The look? Yes. I like clean, simple things. The contents? Not so much. I frequently consider deleting entire posts, or even the entire blog, because I find what I write to be insipid and boring much of the time.
2-Does your family know about your blog?
No, except for my sister-in-law, Jacquelin.
3-Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I consider it a private thing, for the most part. Aside from Jacquelin, I've shared the link only with my closest, coolest online friends, who I trust not to give the link out to anyone else.
4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?
I discover new blogs all the time, but have time to regularly read only a select few.
5-Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
I think it's probably good to have a place to just babble about things, so yes. I never babble about anything *too* personal here, though, because you never know when the link may fall into the wrong hands.
6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?
I use a counter, but rarely even look at it. I just added it because Wino kept telling me to. :) Since I don't give out the link to my blog, I know my readership is extremely low, and that's the way I like it.
7-Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?
I think I've seen photos of every blogger who comments on my blog, so I don't have to imagine. I do wonder what the Manolo, of Manolo's Shoe Blog looks like, though!
8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
My personal blogging? Nah, not really, aside from being a way to pass the time and chat with friends. I think a lot of blogs out there do serve a real purpose and have a real benefit, though -- whether they be news blogs, political blogs, humorous blogs, or blogs which are informative on a particular topic.
9-Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
In some ways, yes. It has its own rules and its own vibe. I think it's a reflection of the real world, though, and I think it has increasing influence on the real world (not my blog, mind you, but the types I discussed in the previous answer).
10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
Scare me? Not really. Frustrate and annoy me? Piss me off? Yes. I do tend to avoid political blogs with which I vehemently disagree, especially if it's obvious that my comments there will have no influence on anyone's opinion.
11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
You mean me criticizing my own blog, or someone else doing so? I'm open to constructive criticism, so yes, it could be useful.
12-Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died.
Yes. I imagine it will just remain as a testament to my freakishness and banality until Blogspot disappears.
13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
There are some really cleverly-written, humorous blogs out there that have probably influenced me more than others, as far as giving me ideas for how I should be writing.
14-Which blogger you think is the most similar to you.
Hmmmmmm. Probably Buzzy, although she's a lot funnier than I am.
15-Name a song you want to listen to?
I'm confused as to what this question has to do with the rest of the survey. Um. I don't really feel like listening to anything in particular at the moment, thanks.
1-Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
The look? Yes. I like clean, simple things. The contents? Not so much. I frequently consider deleting entire posts, or even the entire blog, because I find what I write to be insipid and boring much of the time.
2-Does your family know about your blog?
No, except for my sister-in-law, Jacquelin.
3-Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I consider it a private thing, for the most part. Aside from Jacquelin, I've shared the link only with my closest, coolest online friends, who I trust not to give the link out to anyone else.
4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? or you try to discover new blogs?
I discover new blogs all the time, but have time to regularly read only a select few.
5-Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example.
I think it's probably good to have a place to just babble about things, so yes. I never babble about anything *too* personal here, though, because you never know when the link may fall into the wrong hands.
6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you use a traffic counter?
I use a counter, but rarely even look at it. I just added it because Wino kept telling me to. :) Since I don't give out the link to my blog, I know my readership is extremely low, and that's the way I like it.
7-Did you imagine how other bloggers look like?
I think I've seen photos of every blogger who comments on my blog, so I don't have to imagine. I do wonder what the Manolo, of Manolo's Shoe Blog looks like, though!
8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
My personal blogging? Nah, not really, aside from being a way to pass the time and chat with friends. I think a lot of blogs out there do serve a real purpose and have a real benefit, though -- whether they be news blogs, political blogs, humorous blogs, or blogs which are informative on a particular topic.
9-Do you think that the blogsphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
In some ways, yes. It has its own rules and its own vibe. I think it's a reflection of the real world, though, and I think it has increasing influence on the real world (not my blog, mind you, but the types I discussed in the previous answer).
10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
Scare me? Not really. Frustrate and annoy me? Piss me off? Yes. I do tend to avoid political blogs with which I vehemently disagree, especially if it's obvious that my comments there will have no influence on anyone's opinion.
11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
You mean me criticizing my own blog, or someone else doing so? I'm open to constructive criticism, so yes, it could be useful.
12-Have you ever thought about what happen to your blog in case you died.
Yes. I imagine it will just remain as a testament to my freakishness and banality until Blogspot disappears.
13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
There are some really cleverly-written, humorous blogs out there that have probably influenced me more than others, as far as giving me ideas for how I should be writing.
14-Which blogger you think is the most similar to you.
Hmmmmmm. Probably Buzzy, although she's a lot funnier than I am.
15-Name a song you want to listen to?
I'm confused as to what this question has to do with the rest of the survey. Um. I don't really feel like listening to anything in particular at the moment, thanks.


6 Comments:
really? you think i'm funny? gosh. i'm blushing over here. :)
You are, indeed, and I love your writing style. :)
Freakish.... I can dig that.
Banal... never!
Aroooooooooooooo!!! :)
Well, I can be pretty funny when I want to, but I haven't been very funny on this blog. The blog is banal. I need to work on that. :)
do you find that your blogging ebbs and wanes?
i'm in the waning part!
totally oatmeal brain ... introverted - thinking - ...
but i DO hope that you have had a GOOD week and that the weekend will be RESTFUL!!!!
Yes, Saija, my blogging does ebb and wane! I was just thinking that I really should log in and make an update, but I'm in one of those phases where I don't really have anything to say. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose blogging goes through cycles. :)
Hope you had a good week, too, and are enjoying your weekend! The weather is beautiful here today, and I'm just gonna kick back and relax at home all day. Tomorrow, maybe a movie and some shopping. And early voting!
**hugs**
Post a Comment
<< Home