Boycott Amazon
I have been a loyal Amazon customer for many years. I buy almost all of my books and CDs, for myself and as gifts, there. I would estimate that I spend at least $1000 per year on the amazon.com website. Not any more. It seems that Amazon has for some time been selling cock fighting magazines and dog fighting videos. They have refused to stop doing so despite repeated pleas from the Humane Society and despite the fact that selling these repugnant items is a violation of Federal law.
Animal fighting is unbelievably cruel and barbaric, and I don't understand why anyone would consider it "entertainment," or why anyone would defend it in any way.
You can read more about this here.
I sent Amazon an email yesterday telling them that they have lost my business, and why. I hope everyone who reads this will do the same.
Animal fighting is unbelievably cruel and barbaric, and I don't understand why anyone would consider it "entertainment," or why anyone would defend it in any way.
You can read more about this here.
I sent Amazon an email yesterday telling them that they have lost my business, and why. I hope everyone who reads this will do the same.


5 Comments:
well that is shear craziness to contribute to an underbely of events like that ... :o(
Indeed; I don't know what Amazon is thinking! It's repulsive.
Cat, I rely so much on Amazon that I had to do a little research and make sure this was true. It made me so sad to find out that it is. Below is my letter:
------------------------------
Dog fight and gamecock magazines and videos? I really thought it was a hoax so did a search and frankly I'm so, so disappointed. I'm in the military and so often you have been my lifeline for things I needed while away, but no more. Please do the right thing and stop selling these items - surely your profit on these things is minimal and it would be the right thing to do.
Please note, I'll be returning my recent orders and notifying the associated merchants why.
Be responsible!
Mark P.
Mark, you ROCK!!
I really hope they do the right thing. I've never had an issue with them and their customer service has always been superb. I guess I'll be ordering books from Barnes & Noble's website or abebooks.com from now on, and I'll need to find a good source for CDs and DVDs. I was also really upset to learn that they were doing this.
Cat,
I live in the bloody country. If i wish to purchase something nice I have to travel at least an hour by car. Amazon is a god send for folks like me.
Look at it another way. If amazon are selling these items. That means they have records of who are buying them. An if people who buy kiddi porn over the internet can be traced by their credit card numbers (We actually had a Sgt from my camp get sent down for such an act)I'm sure the same applies in this case.
Free speech is one thing, but sometimes it can be used to flush out those who hide behind it.
Post a Comment
<< Home