Long time, no blog
I was busy, then my computer was in the shop for a week, then I was busy again, but here I am and I figure it's time for an update.
This past Tuesday marked eight years since my brother, Steve, passed away. I guess because I miss him every day, constantly, and it tends to hit me most strongly out of the blue on the ordinary days, I don't usually have a particularly difficult time with the anniversary of his death. It is hard to believe it's been eight years since I've heard his voice or seen his smiling face, though. Sometimes it seems like much longer, and sometimes it seems as if no time has passed at all.
Coincidentally (or maybe not), I also woke up with a severe migraine on Tuesday and took the day off from work, so I spent much of Tuesday in bed. I went back to work Wednesday, but had to leave early Thursday afternoon when the migraine returned with a vengeance. It's still not entirely gone, but I think it's on its way out, finally.
After nearly a year and a half of complaining about my job, I sent a resume out on Friday to a small estate planning firm. If I'm going to stay in the legal profession, estate planning and probate is the area in which I want to work. It's what I did at my previous job and I really enjoyed it. It's not a very large niche, though, so jobs in that field are not plentiful. Hopefully this one will work out for me.
This past Tuesday marked eight years since my brother, Steve, passed away. I guess because I miss him every day, constantly, and it tends to hit me most strongly out of the blue on the ordinary days, I don't usually have a particularly difficult time with the anniversary of his death. It is hard to believe it's been eight years since I've heard his voice or seen his smiling face, though. Sometimes it seems like much longer, and sometimes it seems as if no time has passed at all.
Coincidentally (or maybe not), I also woke up with a severe migraine on Tuesday and took the day off from work, so I spent much of Tuesday in bed. I went back to work Wednesday, but had to leave early Thursday afternoon when the migraine returned with a vengeance. It's still not entirely gone, but I think it's on its way out, finally.
After nearly a year and a half of complaining about my job, I sent a resume out on Friday to a small estate planning firm. If I'm going to stay in the legal profession, estate planning and probate is the area in which I want to work. It's what I did at my previous job and I really enjoyed it. It's not a very large niche, though, so jobs in that field are not plentiful. Hopefully this one will work out for me.


7 Comments:
Good luck with job hunt. I've been very blessed and I know it.
**Hugs**
Rumms
Pounce slinkers in looks around, sits on newspaper somebody is trying to read. Pounce slinkers out
Oh yes forgot to mention my latest Album
http://www.myspace.com/adelelondon
Thanks, Rummms! I'm just hoping the right job will come along. I sent out another resume last night to a cool-sounding non-profit, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
**HUGS**
Hi, Pounce! Always with the newspapers, or blocking the computer monitor, or pawing at the book I'm trying to read. I tell you, cats are very persistent! :)
Thanks for the music suggestion! I need to reinstall my sound drivers, so I'll have to give it a listen later.
Well hurry up and do so. She's in Austin in a few days time. If you get to see her, you'll beat me to it.
I just listened to the songs on her myspace page, Pounce. Good stuff! Her voice reminds me of K.T. Tunstall's, although their music is very different.
Post a Comment
<< Home