Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Word to the wise: UPS sucks

As we embark upon the holiday season, I feel it is my moral duty to warn my handful of faithful readers against using UPS for any holiday shipping needs. Also, if given a shipping option whenever you order things online, never choose UPS. Always go with Fed Ex or even the US Postal Service over UPS. This has been my habit for several years now, ever since UPS started either losing or being late with nearly every package of mine that they handled (yes, I do a LOT of online shopping).

Sadly, on occasion you will run across an online retailer who ships only via UPS, in which case, if you really must order from them, you will just have to cross your fingers and pray that your package eventually finds you. It won't work, of course. They'll still lose your package.

I placed an order, on October 19th, from Little Shop of Beauty. It was the first order I'd placed with them and I was really excited about trying their products. Silly me. First, they did not even ship my order until November 13th, even though their site says that orders generally ship within two to five business days. Then, when they did ship my order, they sent it via UPS, who promptly lost my package. I have yet to receive it. I'm starting to think that Little Shop of Beauty doesn't even exist and this has all been an elaborate and cruel joke.

UPS has been, as is their habit, distinctly unhelpful. They "put a trace" on the package on Friday and I've heard nothing since. In my experience, UPS "putting a trace" on a lost package means absolutely nothing. They just don't want to tell you what you already know: your package has vanished forever.

In LSB's defense, I believe they are a somewhat new company (or at least fairly new to online retailing), so I'm willing to cut them some slack. I've been corresponding via email with a lady named Suzie and she's been very friendly, although it hasn't really gotten me anywhere, seeing how I still haven't received my order. Assuming I ever do receive it, and assuming I like the products, I'll give LSB another chance and order from them again. But hopefully I can convince them to ship with a different company in the future.

UPS is bad for your business. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home