My current musical obsession
I recently rediscovered Everclear’s Songs from an American Movie Vol. One: Learning How to Smile. I had bought it not too long after it was released after falling in love with the song “Wonderful,” which was getting a lot of radio play at the time. However, I misplaced the CD not long after I bought it and only recently found it again and started listening to it, with the realization that it’s one of the best albums I’ve ever heard. I love the songs, I love the lyrics, I love the way the album is arranged and the songs fit together, and I love how nearly every song on the album has a beat that you just can't help but shimmy to.
One of the first things that struck me about it was that my brother would have absolutely loved this CD. It was released in July of 2000, five months after Steve’s death, so he never got the chance to hear it, but if he had, I have no doubt it would have spent a lot of time in his CD player.
The funny thing is, even though I know he never heard the CD, when I listen to it I can actually see him grooving to it in my mind’s eye. It’s like he’s still here enjoying the music with me.
One of the first things that struck me about it was that my brother would have absolutely loved this CD. It was released in July of 2000, five months after Steve’s death, so he never got the chance to hear it, but if he had, I have no doubt it would have spent a lot of time in his CD player.
The funny thing is, even though I know he never heard the CD, when I listen to it I can actually see him grooving to it in my mind’s eye. It’s like he’s still here enjoying the music with me.


3 Comments:
and maybe he is listening ... :o)
just poppping by to wish you a lovely Thanksgiving day ...
((Hugs))
Thank you, Saija!
And, you know what? I think he is. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home