Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Say hello to my newest nephew, Joe, who was born on December 21st.



My only resolution this year is to read more books than I read in 2007. Here is my 2007 list:

1. Herzog (Saul Bellow)
2. The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
3. The Stranger (Albert Camus)
4. Sentimental Education (Gustave Flaubert)
5. The Princess Bride (William Goldman)
6. Jews for Buchanan (John Nichols)
7. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
8. How to Raise a Jewish Dog (Ellis Weiner and Barbara Davilman)

In 2006 I read 15 books, although I was also unemployed for a couple of months, which gave me some extra reading time. Still, I think I should be able to manage at least twelve this year. I'm about halfway through Guy de Maupassant's Bel-Ami, so I'm off to a good start.

Here's hoping that everyone reading this blog has a happy, healthy, prosperous, and productive 2008!

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

your newest nephew is such a wee little fellow, isn't he! the innocense of a newborn ...

and blessings to you, this 2008! may you read 12 books + 2 more ... :o)

9:53 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

They're great when they're that tiny! They look like little tamales. :)

I just finished my second book of the year, so I'm off and running. Number three is close to 900 pages, though, so it'll probably take me at least the rest of the month!

10:04 PM, January 06, 2008  
Blogger pounce_uk said...

Nice picture ,
As for the 7 books
I read 10 books over Christmas.
Granted a few were popcorn for the brain.

9:34 AM, January 17, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah, if I read the popcorn books, I can read one per day. I just prefer to read books that are more substantive and more of a challenge.

11:26 AM, January 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home