Friday, December 02, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

I'm not sure why, but I've really been in the mood to make some changes lately. Maybe it has something to do with turning 35. Maybe it's my new glasses. Maybe I've just been stuck in a rut for too long. I'm not sure. I've started doing some things differently, though.

I've made some dietary changes for the better, for one thing. I'd gotten into too many bad eating habits and have recently gotten into eating much more healthful foods. More vegan products, more fruits and veggies, less fatty stuff, better-for-me snacks. It really makes a difference in how I feel, I've noticed. Even my mood has been better. I doubt I'll ever manage to go totally vegan, but I've definitely been happier with using as many vegan products as I can, such as egg-free vegan mayo instead of the regular stuff.

This evening, I went for a big appearance change, and cut off a good eight inches of hair. Well, I didn't cut it off myself. Deralyn, my fabulous stylist, did it for me. I also decided to go back to being a redhead. I'm still adjusting to the initial shock of the change in length, but I'm really happy with it. The style is sort of an Isabella Rosellini in her Lancome ads look. I wish I had Isabella Rosellini's face to go with the cut. Deralyn mentioned, though, that Shannon, the girl who did my facial several weeks ago, later told her that I have the most beautiful skin she's ever seen. That was very nice to hear, especially since I've been feeling kind of old and yucky lately.

I think next I'll work on redecorating my house. At a minimum, I want to give all of the interior walls a new paint job and put in all new floors.

Change is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home