Thursday, December 29, 2005

A good time was had by all

at today's family Christmas get-together!

As I'd anticipated, the kids were so much fun! Baby Bridget is even cuter than she was at Thanksgiving. She has the biggest, cutest grin, complete with adorable dimples. She is just the happiest baby! She's *almost* walking now. She can stand up all on her own for a few minutes at a time, but hasn't quite mastered taking a step without a hand to hold or a piece of furniture to hang onto. I spent a lot of time keeping an eye on her -- she crawls really fast and gets into everything! She's small for her age -- only about 16 or 17 pounds, so she's still light enough that I can hold her without much difficulty. We also celebrated her first birthday this evening -- she turns a year old tomorrow.

Her brother Scott, who will be four next month, was very entertaining to watch during the gift-opening festivities. He loved everything he opened, and would shriek with joy and start bouncing up and down with each new gift. He's really an unusual child, personality-wise. Both of his parents are extremely intelligent, and I am pretty sure that Scott is going to be gifted with very high intelligence, as well.

Five-year-old Jakob was also very excited about all of his gifts. He and Scott spent a lot of time playing with all of their new loot before dinner. Jakob already has quite the sense of humor, which he definitely gets from his dad.

Eight-year-old Ashleigh is so cool! She's also going to be highly intelligent, and is already very advanced for her age, I think. She loves to read and has a very advanced vocabulary for an eight-year-old. She's also been taking guitar lessons and is doing quite well -- she brought her guitar with her and played a couple of songs for us this evening.

It was really nice to have the whole family together. I had a great time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home