Sunday, April 23, 2006

A visit from Steve

I had a dream about my brother today. In my dream, he'd been away for a long time because he'd been doing some sort of work that kept him out on the road for months at a time. I returned home one afternoon to find him sitting on my porch in a lounge chair. I ran up and gave him a big hug and asked if he was home to stay. He told me that he had just come for a visit but had to return to the road. We were still hugging each other tightly and I said, "Please don't go. I miss you." He said, "I miss you, too. I wish I could stay, but I have to go," and I cried on his shoulder.

I don't think it was just a dream. I think he's still around, still keeping an eye on me, and every once in awhile, he comes to me in a dream to let me know.

Anyway, the hug was very real. When I woke up, I just kept thinking, "I want to go back to that dream and that hug." I miss him so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course he's still around. We all need people we love to watch over us. It's what keeps us going.

9:32 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home