Friday, June 09, 2006

Farewell, Uncle Glenn

My mom called me just a few minutes ago to tell me that Uncle Glenn died this morning. She and my dad had made it up to Fort Worth to visit him over Memorial Day weekend, so at least she got to see her brother one last time. I had lunch with my dad yesterday, and he told me that Glenn was very, very, shockingly ill when they went to see him -- he looked like a skeleton except for the fact that fluid was accumulating in his abdomen, which he had to have drained every couple of weeks. He was confined to a wheelchair because he lacked the energy to stand or walk, and it was even difficult for him to speak without losing his breath. In light of all of that, I'm glad that he is no longer suffering. May he rest in peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baconeater said...

Sorry to hear it. My middle name is Glenn by the way....two n's.

9:50 PM, June 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also am sorry about your loss. He was a lucky man, to have such a wonderful niece as you.

8:54 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, you guys. I'm still trying to figure out if I'll be able to drive to Fort Worth on Wednesday for the funeral.

Wino, I think I've met just one other Glenn besides my uncle who spells it with two n's. My mom's parents must have had an "n" fetish -- my mom's name is Carolynn, with two n's.

10:01 AM, June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home