Friday, January 12, 2007

My closet smells like old ladies.

After recently losing a beautiful sweater, which I'd worn only once, to hungry moths, I have been forced to take drastic action. That's right. Mothballs.

I didn't want to do it, but I must protect my cashmere, my angora, my alpaca, and my merino wool. Living in Texas, I get to wear my winter sweaters for only a couple of months, and they spend the rest of the year in storage. I bought mothballs for my storage crate, and a "moth bar" for my closet.

The mothball smell is sort of creeping me out. I keep expecting my grandma to jump out of my closet when I open the door. I wonder if there are any less pungent moth repellents on the market?

4 Comments:

Blogger Baconeater said...

According to number 21 on this list, there is an alternative. I find it hard to believe everything on the internet though. Most of it, but not everything.

2:26 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if that would work? I'll have to research it a little bit, but it would be awesome if I could do that instead of mothballs.

6:59 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Saija said...

anything i get from my mom, smells of mothballs ... so it is a nostalgic odour for me too! and it does work ... ?

rick has finally blogged an up-date on his life ... sounds like things are going well!

have a good good weekend!!!

7:35 PM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

If they keep my sweaters protected, I think I can deal with the smell!

Thanks for the heads up on Rick's blog. :)

12:58 AM, January 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home