Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I had a very low-key New Year's Eve and was in bed by 10 p.m. and sound asleep before midnight, although I was awakened periodically throughout the night by my neighbors' fireworks.

This afternoon I was at my parents' house for lunch and a visit with my older brother, his wife, and my niece and nephew before they had to head back to Houston. My niece Bridget, who turned two years old on Friday, is just amazing. She already speaks in complete sentences and soaks up new information like a sponge. Plus, she's adorable. Here she is sitting on my lap this afternoon:



I hope everyone else had an enjoyable New Year's celebration, and I wish you each a wonderful year ahead!

2 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

Happy New Year to you too!

i made it to 11:00 ... then i trotted off to bed ...

leo snoozed in the new year ... with our fearless feline, snoozing in the chair beside him ...

:o)

((hugs))

8:47 PM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

I think being sound asleep, all snuggled up in a warm bed is the best way to ring in the New Year. :)

Happy New Year to you, Leo, and the fearless feline!

**hugs**

9:05 PM, January 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home