Thursday, November 23, 2006

I am thankful for so many things...

Of course, there are the obvious things, like friends and family, and my pets.

But there are so many other things that we all tend to take for granted, because they seem so basic to us that we forget how lucky we are to have so many things that so many people do not have: houses to live in, plenty of food to eat, clothes to wear, cars to drive, money in our bank accounts, the freedom of living in Western society, things as basic as indoor plumbing and clean water, electricity, healthcare... the list goes on and on...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! May we never forget how blessed we are, and may we each find ways to use the things we have to help others who are not so fortunate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

it is so easy to take the things we have, for granted ...

i so agree with you about our every day blessings ...

hope you had a wonderful day ... blessings on you!!

10:06 PM, November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is easy to lose sight of just how fortunate we are. Reflecting on that now, thanks for the excellent post. I hope you & Achilles and the rest of your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

Aroooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

10:26 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, you guys!

I had a great Thanksgiving dinner with the family. Great food, and great company. I laughed so much!

tokin and Sheba, I hope you guys had a great holiday, also, and I hope Sheba got some turkey!

Saija, I know your Thanksgiving was last month, but I guess you're still in the mode of giving thanks now that you have your condo! I'm so happy for you! :)

11:08 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home