A good birthday
Over the past several years, I've gotten used to no one really doing anything for me on my birthday, or even remembering my birthday, for that matter, and I've pretty much stopped caring about it. Birthday, shmirthday. It's usually pretty much like any other day for me. (So, Wino, you were right!)
But this year was a little bit different, and it was really nice. My boss, Max (not his real name), showed up yesterday morning with two huge boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, which he laid out at my desk before sending an email to the entire firm telling everyone to come by, wish me a happy birthday, and have a donut. That turned out to be a great way for me to meet a bunch of people I hadn't been introduced to yet. Then, Max and Molly gave me a very nice card and a Petsmart gift certificate (they don't know me very well since I've been there for only two months, but they do know I have a house full of pets!). I thought it was so nice of them to do something for my birthday, and it made for a really enjoyable day.
We also had our office Thanksgiving lunch yesterday, and it was fabulous. Finally, Max insisted that I go home early for a change.
Oh, and of course, I opened the package from my little brother and his wife as soon as I got up in the morning, and it was full of fabulous, delicious-smelling bath and body products and lip gloss.
So, my week started out really, really crappy, but it ended on a very nice note, and I'm very thankful.
But this year was a little bit different, and it was really nice. My boss, Max (not his real name), showed up yesterday morning with two huge boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts, which he laid out at my desk before sending an email to the entire firm telling everyone to come by, wish me a happy birthday, and have a donut. That turned out to be a great way for me to meet a bunch of people I hadn't been introduced to yet. Then, Max and Molly gave me a very nice card and a Petsmart gift certificate (they don't know me very well since I've been there for only two months, but they do know I have a house full of pets!). I thought it was so nice of them to do something for my birthday, and it made for a really enjoyable day.
We also had our office Thanksgiving lunch yesterday, and it was fabulous. Finally, Max insisted that I go home early for a change.
Oh, and of course, I opened the package from my little brother and his wife as soon as I got up in the morning, and it was full of fabulous, delicious-smelling bath and body products and lip gloss.
So, my week started out really, really crappy, but it ended on a very nice note, and I'm very thankful.


4 Comments:
happy belated birthday!!!!!
i got out of the habit of visiting you daily - i went to every couple of days (since you were a busy gal of late) ... and here i missed a big occasion!!!!
(((hugs)))
and may God bless this year with much happiness & health!
Thank you, Saija! :)
**hugs**
what kind of body products? :)
Bath & Body Works "Pumpkin Pie Paradise" shower gel, body lotion, and lip gloss. I'll be darned if it doesn't smell exactly like pumpkin pie!
Post a Comment
<< Home