Less whining this time
I'm starting to feel somewhat better -- I think this latest flare-up is dying down. I'm hoping to be able to start riding my bike again tomorrow. That's always a good indicator of how I'm feeling. I haven't ridden it in nearly two weeks.
In other news, I had to take my cat Punkin to the vet last Friday. He had dropped a lot of weight within a month or two for no apparent reason. He was eating like a horse and wasn't acting sick, but he'd become frighteningly thin. Turns out he has hyperthyroidism. The vet did some blood work and I got the results today. She said that a normal cat's thyroid count (or whatever you call it) should be less than 5.8. Punkin's is 16.3! Yikes! He has gone from 12 lbs. at his last annual exam to just 7.5 lbs. currently.
The good news is that this is treatable with a gel I will apply to his ears twice per day. It's not curable, so this will be a lifelong treatment, but the vet says that he will put his weight back on and he'll be just fine as long as he's on the medication. We go back to the vet tomorrow to learn how to apply the gel and pick up our first month's supply.
Thank goodness -- this was originally my brother's cat, and I would be devastated if anything were seriously wrong with him.
Speaking of Steve, he would have been 39 this past Saturday. He was 30 (nearly 31) when he died, so it's strange to think of him nearing 40. It's hard to believe it's been that long since he died. Happy birthday, Steve.
In other news, I had to take my cat Punkin to the vet last Friday. He had dropped a lot of weight within a month or two for no apparent reason. He was eating like a horse and wasn't acting sick, but he'd become frighteningly thin. Turns out he has hyperthyroidism. The vet did some blood work and I got the results today. She said that a normal cat's thyroid count (or whatever you call it) should be less than 5.8. Punkin's is 16.3! Yikes! He has gone from 12 lbs. at his last annual exam to just 7.5 lbs. currently.
The good news is that this is treatable with a gel I will apply to his ears twice per day. It's not curable, so this will be a lifelong treatment, but the vet says that he will put his weight back on and he'll be just fine as long as he's on the medication. We go back to the vet tomorrow to learn how to apply the gel and pick up our first month's supply.
Thank goodness -- this was originally my brother's cat, and I would be devastated if anything were seriously wrong with him.
Speaking of Steve, he would have been 39 this past Saturday. He was 30 (nearly 31) when he died, so it's strange to think of him nearing 40. It's hard to believe it's been that long since he died. Happy birthday, Steve.


1 Comments:
And where are the photos of ' Punkin' you should know better than to talk about cute kitties and not paste lots of happy snaps for pounce to look at.
Post a Comment
<< Home