My current musical obsession
Those who know me or have been paying attention to the minutiae of this blog will already be aware that I tend to get hooked on one artist or one CD for weeks or months at a time and play it over and over again with only the occasional break to listen to something else. I've been on an Everclear kick for the past several months, but I've now moved on to John Mayer. Since I don't listen to the radio or otherwise keep up with current music, I'm late getting on the John Mayer train, but -- WOW, he is incredible. I knew he sang "Waiting on the World to Change," and I always liked that song, so I recently started looking up more of his music on youtube. So far I love everything I've heard -- his music, his lyrics, his voice, and his amazing guitar playing. Usually, even artists I really love have at least a song or two that I don't really care for, but I haven't found one yet from John Mayer that I don't like. Continuum is one of the best albums I've ever heard. I got it a few days ago and can't stop listening to it. I've ordered the rest of his CDs online and can't wait til they arrive. I'm only sad that it took me so long to discover this guy.


2 Comments:
Cool. I'll have a butchers. I'm into American music big time at the mo. Just found 'The Killers'
Wow where have I been?
Don't feel bad -- I have not been keeping up with current music at all for the past several years. I don't like listening to the radio, and I don't watch much television, so I just don't even know what's out there for the most part. When I hear of a band or artist that sounds interesting, I look them up on youtube. I hope you enjoy John Mayer, though. I think he is just incredible.
Post a Comment
<< Home