Monday, April 21, 2008

Foot surgery update

Everything went smoothly today and I was home by 4 p.m. after stopping for a late lunch on the way because I was famished after not being able to eat anything since last night.

I'm currently feeling a little bit poorly but I think that's mainly because I recklessly disregarded all of the instructions about staying in bed with my foot propped up after I got home. Hey, those litter boxes weren't going to scoop themselves, the pets needed dinner, and Monday is Clean Sheets Day in this house no matter what. I love Clean Sheets Day! Of course, this all entailed going up and down the stairs multiple times, which was also a no-no, but I got everything done and am now sitting here with my foot propped up, my ice pack tied on, and my pain pills within easy reach.

I'll probably be in for some bonus pain after the local wears off in another hour or two, thanks to my unapproved activity spree, but I think I'll survive. I go in for my post-op appointment and suture removal next Tuesday and plan to take it easy until then. I scheduled the entire week off from work, although I might go back on Thursday or Friday if I'm feeling up to it and the boredom starts getting to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home