Saturday, April 05, 2008

And speaking of surgery...

I am scheduled for foot surgery on April 21st to remove a neuroma that has been bothering me for the past couple of years. I'd been putting off surgery for as long as I could stand it, but with the latest RA flare-up, my feet were so badly affected that the neuroma really became a major issue. I had this same surgery on the other foot back in April of 2000, so I pretty much know what to expect. It's a fairly easy surgery and the recovery isn't bad. My surgeon wants me on crutches for two weeks afterwards, and in one of those lovely post-surgical shoes for six weeks. I don't really see the crutches thing happening. I hate being on crutches. I'll use 'em if I really have to, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

awww ... but if the recovery time is short - well that is a good thing!

it's nice to be back home ... visiting blog friends again!

((hugs))

6:59 PM, April 06, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome home, Saija! :)

7:39 PM, April 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home