Limitations
Wow, I'm tired. I have pretty much been going non-stop for the past four weeks or so. First there were two weekends working on the bedroom floor, followed by two weekends absolutely crammed full of errands, appointments, family functions, and social engagements. Last weekend involved a long drive out to Kristin's farm in Elgin and yesterday I had another long drive (an hour and a half one way) to a benefit dinner for the special school for autistic children that Baby Zach attends. Before going to the dinner, I had to take Achilles for his annual vet check-up in the morning (he was very good for the vet and got an excellent report card) and then go get my hair done and buy a dress for the event. You would not believe how hard it was to find a decent cocktail dress at the mall. I went to five stores and spent at least two hours before I finally found what I was looking for at Nordstrom. It was worth the effort, though, because the dress I found is awesome. I'm going to wear it again to the annual Lilith Fund benefit dinner this week.
But I digress. I am realizing that I just can't physically do all of the things that normal people can do. A day like yesterday just absolutely wears me out, and after four weeks of similarly busy days, I am about ready to drop from exhaustion. I am dying for a weekend with absolutely no plans and no obligations.
But I digress. I am realizing that I just can't physically do all of the things that normal people can do. A day like yesterday just absolutely wears me out, and after four weeks of similarly busy days, I am about ready to drop from exhaustion. I am dying for a weekend with absolutely no plans and no obligations.


5 Comments:
On the plus side, you have a spiffy new floor, got to see you fam, supported some great causes, Achilles is happy and healthy...
And I'll bet you look fantastic in that cocktail dress. :)
Have a great evening at the Lilith fund event, Cat, and I hope you get a nice relaxing weekend next week!
Arooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hola!
Don't be so hard on yourself! You take on more than I do! I barely get my laundry done every week...
Rummmmmmmmmmmy!!
Ha, the only reason I get my laundry done every week is because I have a strict "no plans on Sunday" rule. Sundays I stay home, do my laundry, take out the trash and recycling, and paint my toenails. I won't leave the house on Sunday unless it's an emergency or a rare opportunity, like someone coming to town for just that day.
This weekend I have no plans whatsoever and I am so happy about that.
**HUGS**
i hope you get that time with no obligations - only rest rest rest!!!!
big ((hugs)) to you!
Thank you, Saija! The last couple of weekends have been pretty low-key and I have thoroughly enjoyed them. I've got another round of busy weekends coming up, so I'm glad I had a bit of a break.
**HUGS** to you, too!
Post a Comment
<< Home