Is my turn over yet?
I don't know what is going on lately, but here is a list of things that have broken and needed repairs in the past few weeks:
1. My car (Fortunately, it was in the shop for only a day, but it was a very expensive repair. To count my blessings, though, the car is nearly seven years old and this was the first major repair it's needed.)
2. The deadbolt on my front door.
3. My heater (Which broke last weekend, leaving me without heat for three days. I survived without too much trouble, except for Monday night when it got down to 29 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Tuesday night when it was 40 degrees felt practically balmy after that. Of course, now that it's fixed, it's been in the 60s every night.)
4. My computer (Specifically, my internet connection, thanks to Punkin chewing through my ethernet cable -- again. I now have a new cable and have wrapped it up in a flexy-hose Punkin-shield, which I'd been meaning to do for awhile anyway.)
5. My bathtub drain (The lever that opens and closes the drain broke, leaving the drain in the closed position, so that my tub wasn't draining. I didn't figure out that that was the problem until after I'd already dumped three or four bottles of Drano into the tub -- oops! I have it rigged now so that I can manually drain it, but it's a pain. So I'll be having a plumber come in this week, which is just as well. The bathtub faucet has been leaking for ages and really needs to be replaced, anyway. Hey, it should cut down my water bill.)
I am ready for things to stop breaking now.
1. My car (Fortunately, it was in the shop for only a day, but it was a very expensive repair. To count my blessings, though, the car is nearly seven years old and this was the first major repair it's needed.)
2. The deadbolt on my front door.
3. My heater (Which broke last weekend, leaving me without heat for three days. I survived without too much trouble, except for Monday night when it got down to 29 degrees. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Tuesday night when it was 40 degrees felt practically balmy after that. Of course, now that it's fixed, it's been in the 60s every night.)
4. My computer (Specifically, my internet connection, thanks to Punkin chewing through my ethernet cable -- again. I now have a new cable and have wrapped it up in a flexy-hose Punkin-shield, which I'd been meaning to do for awhile anyway.)
5. My bathtub drain (The lever that opens and closes the drain broke, leaving the drain in the closed position, so that my tub wasn't draining. I didn't figure out that that was the problem until after I'd already dumped three or four bottles of Drano into the tub -- oops! I have it rigged now so that I can manually drain it, but it's a pain. So I'll be having a plumber come in this week, which is just as well. The bathtub faucet has been leaking for ages and really needs to be replaced, anyway. Hey, it should cut down my water bill.)
I am ready for things to stop breaking now.


4 Comments:
bad kitteh! I'm glad you finally got that anti-sharp-sharp-toofer device installed! lolroflmao
You had your share of bad luck -- time for someone else to have the stinky end of the stick now. :)
Aroooooooooooooooooooooooo!
He is confused by the Punkin-shield. Last night I caught him with some diagrams under the desk, trying to figure out how to break through it.
http://tinyurl.com/c5lbs7
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrroflmao!
**meh!**
That guy even looks like the Punkin!
Post a Comment
<< Home