Monday, January 26, 2009

A post about nothing in particular

I took the last of my Zomig (my migraine medication) last week, and when I called my doctor's office for a refill, they told me I had to actually go in for an office visit in order to get it. I figure they just wanted to score the price of an office visit, but whatever. I went in this morning and my ever-astute doctor, after agreeing to refill the Zomig basically after just laying eyes on me, noticed that I was overdue for a tetanus booster and that I hadn't had a flu shot this year. She sent the nurse back in to jab me in the arm with a couple of needles.

If you've had a tetanus shot in recent memory, you know that it makes your entire arm ache like the dickens for a day or two. Throw a flu shot into the same arm and double the fun. Also, the two shots in combination will wipe you out. I keep pausing in the middle of typing this entry to just close my eyes for a minute or two...

At least I had a treat waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home this afternoon -- the Spoonfudge I'd ordered a few weeks ago arrived. This is some seriously tasty stuff, although I am pretty much just teasing you with the link because they have "order windows" and the next one is apparently not until mid- to late spring. It's a good thing I ordered four jars. I should have ordered six.

It's also a good thing I've been riding my bike again. With all the chocolate I've been eating lately, I should increase my rides per week from two to at least three. I haven't ridden since last Wednesday, but I made it 11.5 miles then and I'm shooting for an even twelve tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Cat....

*hugs*

Rummms

3:16 PM, January 27, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

Rummms!!

**hugs**

11:33 PM, January 29, 2009  
Blogger Saija said...

awwww - poor you!
hope you have recovered 100% from all the shots!

10:14 PM, February 01, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Saija! It took a couple of days for the arm pain and wiped out feeling to go away, but I survived. :)

10:40 PM, February 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home