Monday, January 19, 2009

It is possible

that I'm overdoing it with this whole sucking it up and getting on the bike thing. I rode this evening even though I was fighting a migraine that had made my drive home from work a very dicey proposition since I could barely see and had to drive with one eye closed and one hand shading my other eye. Interestingly, the migraine ceased to bother me while I was on the bike, but as soon as I had finished stretching afterwards, whammo. It was worse than it had been before my ride. Also, my left knee, which was just a little bit sore before I got on the bike, is unbelievably pain-filled now. Like, I can't move my leg without yelping pain.

On the up side, I rode for ten miles as planned. If I'm able to ride on Wednesday, the goal is eleven miles.

As for my other resolutions, today I ate some Greek yogurt with a little bit of granola sprinkled in, two Rainier apples, and a PB&J sandwich. Oh, and one of Pounce's chocolate bars. Okay, that's not so good. I'll do better tomorrow.

But I did get eight hours of sleep last night.

I finished the Flannery O'Connor book and have started the David Foster Wallace.

The clutter-clearing and housecleaning is not going so well. I've gotten a few small things done, but it is a daunting task because I have so far to go. I need to write out a plan each week for what I want to accomplish on my days off and stick to it. It's been a very busy month for me socially -- it seems like I've had plans on nearly every one of my days off lately -- so I need to make the time to work on the house.

And I'm still being very conscientious about the niceness thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

Cat wrote:
Oh, and one of Pounce's chocolate bars. Okay, that's not so good. I'll do better tomorrow.

Before anybody presumes Cat is pigging out the chocolate bars I posted over are really small.

5:54 PM, January 20, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

Ha! I thought about making a note of that in my post. I can't handle a whole lot of chocolate at once, and these bars are the perfect size for me.

8:11 PM, January 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home