Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Coming along swimmingly

My New Year's resolutions, that is. I'll finish my Flannery O'Connor book this week, and I've got nine or ten new books stacked up waiting to be read after that.

I've been making a point to eat at least one real meal per day. Truthfully, I rarely eat more than one meal per day, but even one decent, nutritious meal is progress for me. And I've been snacking on fresh fruit and actually preparing meals instead of just grabbing something convenient.

I am thrilled to say that I rode my bike today! I hadn't ridden it since September (? -- I think September. Many months ago, anyway.) and I thought I'd have a really hard time and would have to go five miles or less at first, but I actually made it for just over seven miles. Not stellar, and I'll need to work my way back up to 12 miles or so per ride, but it's a decent start. It felt so great to actually work up a bit of a sweat again. Now if I can just manage to ride it at least two or three times a week, that'll be a big improvement.

I've been getting at least seven hours of sleep per night (except for last night when I got slightly less), but I really should try to up that to eight. Seven just isn't enough for me any more.

The "be extra kind to everyone" thing is also going well. I've just been trying to be really conscious of the way I respond to people, especially if I'm in a bad mood and feeling snappish.

This last part is unrelated to my resolutions, but I wanted to give a big thank you to Pounce for sending me some very delicious-looking chocolate! It arrived today. I'll find out just how yummy it is shortly, after I make myself some dinner and then sample some chocolate for dessert. Thanks, Pounce!

2 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

Well it sounded like you haven't been having that good a time of late. what with your foot/work/doggy etc..

So what better way than to cheer you up than to send you chocolate.
(Marks and Sparks at that)
I do hope you enjoy your tasty New Years card.

Pounce.

4:46 PM, January 14, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

It is delicious! I've sampled two of the bars so far and they were both great. I figured when you had mentioned Marks & Sparks earlier that it must have been related to the chocolate you'd told me to watch for. :)

One of the feral kitties I've been taking care of came thisclose to walking in my front door this evening. He had one paw nearly inside the house, but then he changed his mind and went inside his little enclosed kitty bed on the front porch instead. I didn't want to try to grab him for fear of scaring him away, but this is progress. Maybe next time he'll come all the way inside. Hopefully his little sibling will follow him. I'd hate for them to be separated.

11:26 PM, January 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home