Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I missed it.

The inauguration, that is. Yesterday's migraine was in full force when I woke up this morning, so I had to take my migraine drugs and go back to bed for a couple of hours until I could actually open both eyes. While Obama was being sworn in, I was in the car on the way to work, praying that I'd get there in one piece, what with the migraine and the drugs and all. Dangit.

It's probably best I missed it, though. Had I been at work on time and watching the inauguration online, I most likely would have been bawling like a baby. I cry at the drop of a hat and at the barest hint of anything emotional, whether happy or sad, so the historic significance of Obama's inauguration would have had me blubbering. I voted for him because of his platform and not because of his ethnicity, but I think it is absolutely fantastic that we have finally reached the point where a black man can get elected president of the US. Now, if only we could get a woman up in there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home