Friday, April 03, 2009

(Almost) Finished!

It was back to work on the bedroom floor today, and it is very nearly done. I still need to fill in the gap along the far wall, but it is going to be a pain. There is only about an inch that needs to be filled in, and even less towards the center of the wall because apparently the room's lines aren't perfectly straight. It won't be easy to cut all of those tiles lengthwise to fit, and there was no way I was going to attempt it today, as by the time I'd gotten that far my hands were so swollen and sore that they were nearly useless. I just moved all the furniture back and will finish it in another week or two.

I'm really happy with it now that the room is basically done. It is most definitely not a perfect job, but it's such an enormous improvement over the nasty old carpet! Once I've done the upstairs hallway and computer room, as well, hopefully over the next few months, I don't ever want to have any carpet anywhere in any house I own for the rest of my life.

Once again, my hands, knees, back, and feet are absolutely killing me, but it was worth it. I'm so glad I finally got going on this project. It desperately needed to be done.

2 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

Gosh you are so brave.
I'm nothing wrong with me. (other than being ugly) and I refuse to do anything DIY. Just like my ex I get a man in.
So it's April and this year;
I've had a new fuse box fitted
New outside light fitted
New kitchen fitted
Hall way painted (3rd painter and I got rid of him as well)
Currently having new doors fitted
(Talk about living in a mess)

When I have the time, I'll take some pictures.
and out of all of the above all I've done is varnish 3 doors.

So I take my hat off to you for having the guts in which to undertake sorting out your new floor.

On another note. I passed my Sgt Majs course last week.

4:57 PM, April 09, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thank you, Sir! This is the first major DIY project I've ever attempted, but I hope to do more. I'd like to re-paint the entire interior of my house. Would have made more sense to do that before putting in new flooring, but the floor was the higher priority for me. I didn't want to bother with having contractors coming in and out of the house, especially with all of the pets to keep track of. They were freaked out enough just by the fact that I was moving furniture around, ripping out the carpet, and putting down a new floor. If I'd had strangers in here doing that, it would have upset them even more.

You've gotten quite a lot done this year! That's one benefit of hiring people to do it for you -- things go a lot more quickly.

"On another note. I passed my Sgt Majs course last week."

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

11:00 PM, April 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home