Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh, the agony

I posted about delicious, delicious Spoonfudge a few weeks ago, and noted that (according to their website at that time), the next order window would not be until mid- to late spring. So, I thought I'd check back this evening to see if they had posted dates for that window yet, and I got all excited when I saw that they had new flavors posted. I scrolled down to see when the order window was going to be, only to find that I had just missed it. It was February 14-22, which is most definitely not mid- to late spring. And it says the next window won't be until late summer or early autumn! Oh no!!

My heart sank, and I fired off an email to the fine folks at Glutenada to inform them that they had just crushed me with this order window nonsense, and also informing them that spring begins on March 21, for crying out loud.

It took, I kid you not, literally five minutes before I received a response from the company's owner. She apologized and said that they had moved to a new facility and had gotten set up and running sooner than anticipated, so they were able to have the "spring" order window earlier than they had initially planned. She recommended that I sign up for their newsletter so that I'll be notified in advance of the next order window.

Anyway, even though I am still wildly disappointed about having to wait months for my next Spoonfudge, it was a very nice response and she seemed distressed at having broken my fudge-loving heart. I get the idea this is a small business and that they take customer complaints (or, okay, whining) seriously. Not seriously enough to let me sneak in an order two days late, but still. It's nice that she responded to my email so quickly and explained what had happened. Now I just have to beg my mom to make me a pan of her delicious fudge to tide me over until late summer or early autumn. Sigh. Life is hard, y'all.

Update: Hahahahaha! I don't know if it was my complaint that did it, but they have apparently decided to make the Spoonfudge available year-round instead of having these silly order windows. Success!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home