On getting older
The other night I was chatting with one of my online friends who recently turned 40 and is having a hard time accepting it. I'll turn 40 in about a year and a half, myself, so I was able to empathize a bit, but as I was trying to cheer him up, I realized something. I wouldn't want to go back to being younger even if I could. I like who I am right now. I appreciate the wisdom I've gained over time. I would not want to relive my 20s or even my 30s. Sure, there are things I wish I'd done differently along the way, but given the chance to go back and do it all over, I don't think I would. I'd rather take what I've learned and continue moving forward.
Besides, we all have to get older. It's not like some of us are singled out for the special privilege of aging. We may as well enjoy the ride. The only alternative is not very pleasant. My brother would have turned 40 this past March, and I sure wish he'd gotten the chance to mark that milestone.
Besides, we all have to get older. It's not like some of us are singled out for the special privilege of aging. We may as well enjoy the ride. The only alternative is not very pleasant. My brother would have turned 40 this past March, and I sure wish he'd gotten the chance to mark that milestone.


2 Comments:
Tell me about it.
I now have more hair growing out of my nose,ears,eyebrows and arse than I do on my head.
I require less sleep
I require less food
But require more exercise.(Did 3 hours on the bike today, gosh is my arse sore)
The worse part people say I look around 35. (I'm 48 next month)
That's funny; just over the past year or two I've noticed that I've been requiring a bit less sleep. I used to sleep late on my days off but now I wake up early every morning whether I need to or not. I do usually try to take a nap in the afternoon, but even then I don't manage to sleep for very long.
Three hours is a long time on the bike! You do look much younger than 48, though, so it must be working. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home